Image Map

Tri-Polish Tuesday: January Week 1

07 January 2014


Last year I was involved in a year long challenge, which I mostly managed to complete.  This year, I've tried to look for something that's not so limiting and will help encourage me to try different things and designs.  So I joined the Crumpet's Nail Tarts facebook group and decided to take part in their challenges.

The first one this year is the Tri-Polish Tuesday challenge.  The rules are pretty simple:

  • Post every Tuesday (although you don't have to post every week) starting 7th January.
  • Three colours will be chosen for each month and you post up to four manis using those three colours, plus the allowed extra colours of black, white, silver, gold and glitter toppers.
  • You don't have to stick to the same three polishes for the whole month, as long as you stick to the three chosen colours and allowed extras.
  • At least one mani must contain all three colours, while the others must contain at least two of the chosen colours.
So easy peasy! 

This month's colours are Red, Orange and Yellow.  I've got loads of ideas for this month but I'd thought I'd start off with a simple dotticure.  I used Barry M's Limited Edition Yellow, then Ciate Boudoir and Hopscotch from my advent calendar.  I forgot to take a photo of the yellow - oops!


I applied two coats of Barry M White as a base then used a dotting tool to dot the different colours.  I was going to do all shapes and sizes and patterns but they just kind of happened this way and I kind of like it!






2 comments:

  1. I love this design! The colours work so well together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a nice, easy start off set of colours to work with! :-)

      Delete

I always look forward to your lovely messages and comments and always try to reply! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...